- Make government perform well and work for the people
- Reconcile government bureaucracy with democratic principles
- Improve the quality of citizen-state interactions
- Apply insights from public administration research to problems of police reform
- Evaluate the process and impact of public policies in policing
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Kang, I. (2023).
How does technology-based monitoring affect street-level bureaucrats’ behavior? An analysis of body-worn cameras and police actions.
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management (accepted).
Kang, I & Jilke, S. (2022).
Mapping out the motivational basis of active representation as intergroup behavior.
Public Administration (forthcoming).
Kang, I. (2022).
Beyond street-level procedural justice: Social construction, policy shift, and ethnic disparities in confidence in government institutions.
Governance, 35(3), 737-755.
Kang, I. (2021, July 2). Why improving police behavior may not be enough. Medium. https://link.medium.com/Ge1ty70Ixh